Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday's Thoughts

Today I am feeling really philosophical so please bear with  me.

Today is March 1st and here in NC we are expecting the temp to be between 75 -80 degrees.  Love it.  I will take humidity over snow every day of the week.  The reason I bring up the temp is because I really love calling NC home.

Here I can participate in a sponsored sporting event almost every weekend.  I could do a 5k, a triathlon, a century, a mud run, participate in a cross fit event or just walk outside and go for a run.  There are groups of like minded individuals that I can join for every sport.

Everything within a couple of miles of my front door.  While every street doesn't have sidewalks and some drivers aren't the most considerate, for the most part I can run different routes, places every single day.

Before I started running and cycling, I never really paid attention to bumper stickers.  But now I look at all the 140.6, 70.3, 26.2 and 13.1 stickers.  I can not go anyplace with see them.  I love it.  It means that I am surrounded by people who think like I do.  Who want to improve themselves through various challenges.

It is awesome living here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment