Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Updating My Status

I know it has been a while since I last posted.  There really hasn't been much going on beside training and training and even more training.  

Even though it has been my "offseason"  I have continued to run.  The March marathon still appears to be a go.  I am excited.  The course is mostly flat so I am confident I will be able to get through it.  Over the next couple of weeks I will have to start training with either a handheld or a belt.  We will see.  I know that nutrition makes or breaks distance runners and I am not going to allow that to keep me from finishing.  

I am also working on my schedule for next year.  Right now I am planning on at least one triathlon, one run, and one long bike ride per month from March until about October.  I would love to do an Olympic Triathlon by May and then a half by October.  

I also have officially hired a coach.  So far it has been great.  I have been making considerable progress.  Fortunately my initial coach taught me really well so now we are just refining technique and increasing confidence.  I have to learn how to relax.  Not very easy for me.  

Will try to keep you better updated on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment