Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tuesday's thoughts

First and foremost, I think way too much.  Second I am not the best at sharing my thoughts.

Last week I was stressing about a Sprint triathlon.  It's designed to be "easy".  A sprint.  A training day.  I just about gave myself an ulcer thinking about the what ifs.

Now this week I am stressing about the marathon.

It's a bucket list item.
I have a real official time goal.
I will have no excuses.

When you add all those things together, couple with it being my birthday, your sense of expectation grows and grows and grows. Well I am really going to try to forget all those things and go out and get it done.

How is that for an attitude for running a marathon?







1 comment:

  1. Ken,

    Set yourself a easy goal for the race, like 4 to 4.5 hours (you can do that almost walking!) and it'll give you something to look forward to. Is this your first marathon? When I did my half, I kept looking at goals as a way to keep my mind off of not finishing and other negatives, plus the 20 degree weather helped keep my mind off of that and on getting back to my clothes!

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete