Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thankfully it's Thursday and I only have a couple of days until my birthday.  I am one of those silly people who actually still look forward to birthdays. 

This year I will be 45 and my gift to myself is to do this marathon I have been talking about.  I am so thankful that I am actually able to worry about a finishing time instead of finishing.  I am so thankful that I have the ability to do it unassisted. 

One of the sponsors of this event is the Wounded Warrior Project.  This is something that is near and dear to my heart.  As a former soldier seeing soldiers returning needing assistance breaks my heart.  We owe so much to these men and women for their sacrifices. 

I am thankful that I can do this run without worrying about my blood sugar bottoming out during the race and needing sugar or needing to test. 

I am blessed and truly thankful for the opportunity to compete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment