Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Updating my schedule

As part of my continuing to assess and reassess my progress this year in Tri's I have revamped my schedule for the remainder of the year.

I think my swimming has progressed to the point where I need to further test myself.  Open water here I come (kinda).  I am really fortunate to have a couple of different options for Open Water swimming local to me.  Also a couple of awesome coaches that offer Open Water clinics.

With that being said, I am going to go for it and commit to my first open water tri.  I am leaning toward doing Mission Man.  The only issue is that it will be the week following my century for JDRF in Burlington VT.   I do not see it as a fitness issue but a issue with gearing back up that quickly.

So my new schedule as of today (subject to the boss's approval)

6/8 Army 10 miler - Ft Bragg
6/9 Susan Komen Race for Cure 5k
6/16 Three Pigs Tri
6/24 Smile Train Tri
6/30 Run for Heroes 5k
7/14 JDRF Ride - Burlington
7/21 Misson Man - Open Water
8/12 Tri the Worx
8/26 Ironman Louisville - Volunteer
9/8 Inside Out International - Open Water
10/13 Myrtle Beach Half Iron - Open Water
10/20 Myrtle Beach Half Marathon

Sounds busy.

1 comment:

  1. i think open water tris are way more fun! definitely need to get the practice in first, so you don't panic on race day. now that the water temp is warm enough, i'll probably start to ride my bike to ebeneezer on weekends, swim, then ride home. hit me up if you want to meet there for ows.

    ReplyDelete