Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tuesday Morning

This morning I was supposed to take part in the Chase run.  The last one of this year season.  The chase run is where a group of us get together and starting at staggered times and all end together.  The distance varies from 4 - 6 miles. 

The last chase run, I felt awesome after the run.  It was a relatively flat course with people who really pushed me to run faster.  I was really looking forward to it.

Well as fate would have it, I had a really rough night last night so unfortunately I was in no shape to run this morning.  I actually slept right through my alarm.  I really rarely oversleep and when I do, I am angry all day.  I am really trying hard to not be mad. 

I know that this was probably for the best.  I know I would have been angry with myself also if I would have ran and it was a bad time or worse yet, injury myself by pushing too hard. 

Well lesson learned.  you have to listen to your body and give it the rest it desires.  Because you only have one and you better take care of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment