Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thoughtful Thursdays

I borrowed the title from discombobulatedrunning.blogspot.com.

Thursdays are really mostly really good days for me.  Most weeks I get to work from home on Thursday.  That means that I am able to relax (lounge) all day and really only get dressed to go work out. 

Thursdays are also good because I have a brick workout scheduled.  I get off the bike and go for a quick run.  Unfortunately Thursdays also means yoga (yuk). 

My normal Thursday routine is to get up early (5 am) do yoga for 90 minutes and then work until around 11:30 and go ride and run.  This morning, yoga just didn't happen.  I just couldn't get moving.  So I think I can still do it tonight no big deal.  So I finally get my lazy butt up at 6:30, make breakfast and start work. 

I check out Facebook and notice that there will be a group ride locally tonight.  25 miles - 17-19 mph pace.  Score.  Sign me up.  I can do that. 

My lunch run today was AWESOME.  It hadn't quite got hot yet so it was georgeous out.  Well it wasn't 5 - 6 am nice but nice all the same.  The run it self was really good.  Nice pace.  I had to work but I didn't work to hard.  It was great.  It was a 5 mile run.  I planned for a uphill start and then a uphill finish.  I know doesn't make a lot of sense but it was meant to be a little challenging and that it was. 

Now to relax, finish the workday and get ready for tonights ride.  We will try to get yoga in some other time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment