Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

Today has been a great day.  This morning I was up early for a round of P90X yoga.  It was 90 minutes of torture but it is focus time. 

Recently I have been thinking about beginning meditating.  I know everyone has their opinion of meditation but I hear that it is great for balance (emotional balance) and Lord knows I need that.  I am one of those ADD kids (not really but listen/read anyway) who can't concentrate on one thing too long or I will drift.  And I am always thinking.  I have this motor in my head that is constantly running.  I am always thinking about what I could be doing, should be doing, what I have done and why did I do it.  How can I make it better, where am I supposed to be, and on and on.

So imagine how my body/mind and spirit reacted to me telling my body that we were going to shut down for 5 minutes.  Focus on keeping the random thoughts out and just breathe.  That was a long 5 minutes but I feel like it was worth it.

I am going to continue to work on it and we will get better at meditating,

No comments:

Post a Comment