Monday, October 3, 2011

Another Magnificent Monday

Today as I was reading other blogs and thinking about my friends that were competing in events this past weekend I felt a bit jealous.  As you know I haven't competed in anything in about 2 months.  My last event was Three Pigs Tri. 

I have been training and training and training.  I have put in some serious miles over the past 2 months and now I feel totally ready to compete again.  I went for a long run this weekend and was able to maintain a sub 7:15 pace for 12 miles.  I was stoked.  I have been cycling and able to maintain about a 19 mph pace for 20 miles rides solo. I am excited. 

I will be able to get my competitive juices flowing again on Oct 15.  We will be back in Death Valley.  I am totally ready for it.  I will be shipping my bike this week.  It is going to be interesting spending the next week without it. 

Like last year I will be doing the City of Oaks 1/2 marathon the first week in November.  Last year I was not very happy with my time, so I will be looking for redemption.  My goal is sub 1:40.  We will see.  I have plenty of time so lets see if I back down from that bold prediction.

In the meantime I am comtemplating doing a full marathon on my 45th birthday.  That will be March 18, 2012.  The course is gentle (Tobacco Road) so that really does lend itself to being a great site for an inital marathon.  One of my stretch goals is to qualify for Boston.  So this race will give me an idea how much work I am going to have to put in on order to accomplish that goal.  I have never run more than 18 miles at once so I am not sure how those last 8 miles are going to be.  I have read all the stories about the wall at 20 so I guess I will find out first hand.  I haven't signed up yet but I am about 80% sure I am going to. 

We'll see.

1 comment: