Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Monday

I know you do not hear that very often.  I am trying to be positive in today's note.  I had a really relaxing weekend.  It was very casual.  My workout schedule called for a short run on Saturday and a longer run on Sunday.

Initially when I saw it, I thought about running the 3 miles with Second Wind and then doing another 2 by myself.  But then I decided that I would leave it alone with the 3 miles.  I ran alone anyway so I was able to run at a quicker pace. 

On Sunday morning, I was up early and did a 10 mile run.  It was fun as well.  I think the great part about it was the ending.  As I approached my final turn, I saw another runner approaching.  He actually made the turn with me.  We ended up running over a mile together.  It was great.  I know that I have said it before but it is so much better to run with others.  They push you to really exert yourself.  I think that I cruise way too much and that is keeping me from obtaining the "next" level in my training. 

My mile 10 was faster by almost a full minute than miles 1-9.  And when I was done, I still felt great. 

The majority of the rest of the day was spent lounging.  We, Linda and I, went to the American Heart Association Heart Walk.  I thought about running the 3 miles, but decided that I would walk with Linda.  We meet up with my co-workers and made the walk leisurely.  The afternoon was overcast and we thought it was going to rain.  But as the afternoon progressed, it cleared up.  Then we only had to deal with the humidity.  A great time was had by all. 

Also as a random question, why would walk officials have warm water at the hydration stations?  I understand that the important thing is to drink, but who drinks water at room temperature?  I don't.  During the walk they had a couple of hydration stations but the water wasn't on ice.  Doesn't make sense to me, but who am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment