Monday, March 7, 2011

Unfinished Business - Death Valley 2011

My unofficial title for the Death Valley JDRF Ride is Unfinished business. Last year was my first full year riding and to end my year, I planned to finish my first century (100 mile ride) at Death Valley. This was a grueling trek across Death Valley in 106 degree heat. It was 53 mile out and back. Well I made it out just didn't make it back. I had a bad fall that forced the Ride officials to remove me from the ride (against my will).

Well today is the big day for this year's Death Valley ride. Today was the first day of registration. I am so very excited about going back out there this year, I know what to expect. I will be much better prepared this year. Triangle Chapter of JDRF hopes to have more riders out there this year. Last year we had 6 riders. We also had a rider to go to Tuscon, AZ. At this ride there were riders from across the country representing the different JDRF chapters and raising money for a great cause. The Death Valley ride is cap at 350 riders but there are 4 other rides from July through Nov. We will have riders from Triangle JDRF at LaCrosse, Wi, Burlington, Vt, Lake Tahoe, NV and Tuscon, Az.

My biggest challenge for this ride (right now) is going to be raising the money, $4,000. I am sure that we will get it done, but right now it seems daunting.

We will make it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment