Monday, April 2, 2012

Week/Month Wrap up

Well, March has come and gone.  It was a really good month for me all things considered.

This month accomplish a life goal this month and a birthday on the dame day.  I have now set my next goal and it scares the bejesus out of me.  A half iron.

Before I get ahead of myself lets recap March.  If you have been reading my blog, you know that I was also injured this month.  For a while I thought it would keep me from the marathon, but in the end it worked out.  I completed my first tri of this season.  Again, another milestone, swimming the swim portion (it's sometimes the small things).

The low light of the month comes in my cycling.  I barely broke 100 miles on the road this month.  A truly horrible stat.  I do not even have bad weather as an excuse.  We had awesome weather all month.  I just truly didn't get out as I should have.

I actually took a couple of days off this month.  I was telling someone else how important recovery was and how important it was to follow your schedule and ensure that your schedule includes recovery.  Well I am going to start following my own advise and program a little more downtime.  Quality not quantity.

With that said, I am relaxing some of my workout distances.  No so concerned with get so many miles, but concerned with working on form, cadence, breathing, stretching/warm-up, cool down and nutrition.  Going to try and incorporate more cross training in order to strengthen my core.

One thing that has helped me in my training up until now has been the consistency of my training.  I have a schedule and my body (I think) knows where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing.  I am really comfortable with a regiment, so this change now is going to be a little tough.  I hope to make this as consistent ad my previous regiment.

1 comment:

  1. You can do a half iron! I think it's easier than a full marathon, and you have that under your belt!

    ReplyDelete