Thursday, November 5, 2015

2016 Schedule

I am sitting here at my spending way too much time thinking about my race schedule for 2016.

I have already committed to Ironman Chattanooga and now I am trying to plan a schedule that will help me best prepare for that race.  

With that in mind I know that I need to spend as much time in the open water as possible.  I also know that I will not be able to do that until at least April.  The first large open water race is also in April.  Where do these people train in NC for an April open water swim.  I know that the water temp will probably be in the mid 60s.  That is just crazy, wetsuit or not.  

This offseason or between now and March, my goal is to swim at least 3 times a week and to try and improve my swim speed.  I know that this is a  tall order because just swimming will not always do it and I HATE drills.  I am debating about participating in a Master's swim group but I can only freestyle swim.  I know that I need to work on other strokes but is now the time for that?  Or is now the best time.
But there is so much more to deciding a schedule for me.  I know that I am going to need to decide on a Spring Marathon and a fall Marathon.  I also know that I want to participate in a number of sprint.  My goal will be to make the majority of my sprints OWS. Like I said earlier, that is going to be the key to me getting more comfortable in the water.  



No comments:

Post a Comment