Friday, July 20, 2012

Half Ironman

I recently signed up for my first half ironman.  I am excited and scared to death about it.

I am sure that the ride and the run shouldn't be a major obstacle but the swim has me on the verge of a panic attack.

In the group of athletes you hear over and over how people have gone from not being able to swim at all to swimming over a mile in less than 6 months.  Well I have been struggling with swimming for more than 3 years.  I have taken lessons, I have put in the time at the pool.  I have listened to tip after tip and tried everything imaginable.

Don't get me wrong, I have improved, considerable.  But not to the point where I feel remotely comfortable swimming this kind of distance.  I have recently began open water swimming.  My goal is to increase my confidence.

I am not giving up.  I will make it.

1 comment:

  1. LOL, did two different people write this post???? This sounds like doing the Indy 500 and not having a driver's license.....

    ReplyDelete